Careers at Billtrust
Trying to land a new job can be a stressful experience — especially when you don’t know what to expect after you apply. We strive to make our process as smooth as possible.
- Explore our entire website to get a feel for who we are as a company. Then review our careers page to find the opportunity that aligns with your skillset.
- Submit your application online or via a mobile device. It just takes a few minutes!
- Discuss your qualifications over a phone or video call with a member of the Talent Acquisition team — be sure to come with questions!
- Meet the team. Whether by video or in-person, you’ll get to share what makes you stand out in a series of interviews with your potential teammates.
- Offer. We’ll either provide you with an offer or let you know that you weren’t the right fit at this time.
Understand the job description and research the company, team and/or product(s) that you may be working with at Billtrust. Spend the time to learn everything you can about us from our website and other places on the internet. Be ready to speak about specifics that demonstrate your strengths, your successes, how you overcame challenges, what you learned and how you can improve. It’s always a good idea to get plenty of sleep the night before, too!
The questions you will be asked will depend on the specific position you are applying for, though all of our questions are intended to help us better understand your background, abilities and potential. Broadly, we look for employees who are results-oriented, collaborative, have a desire to learn, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
Absolutely. Asking questions is an opportunity for you to find out more about the position and the company. It shows that you are interested in a job and that you’ve done some level of research. We recommend coming to an interview with a list of questions, though some of the best questions come as a result of listening to what an interviewer asks you. Generally, you should have at least one question to ask each interviewer, even if you asked the same question to a different person — getting different perspectives on the same question can be useful.
Though we are a casual office environment, when it comes to an interview, we recommend business casual. But you should wear whatever allows your confidence and personality to shine.
While the interview team can vary from position to position, generally you can expect to meet with four to seven people, with an interview lasting up to five hours in length. If visiting onsite, we do our best to fit everything into one visit, as we understand it is sometimes difficult to find time to interview. Online interviews may be broken up into multiple sessions to best fit the schedules of all involved.
Your Talent Acquisition Partner can help you understand the specific timing for the opening you interviewed for, but generally, you will be provided an update within a week of your interview.
If you would like to send ‘thank you’ notes to your interviewers, please request the names and contact information from your Talent Acquisition Partner.