$2M INCREASE IN DIGITAL PAYMENTS
Achieved after 3 campaigns
70 HOURS SAVED PER MONTH
In manual labor
$23,000 SAVED PER YEAR
In postage costs
51% ELECTRONIC INVOICE PRESENTMENT
Action Carting Environmental Services and Interstate Waste Services are innovative leaders in non-hazardous waste management services for New York’s five boroughs and northern New Jersey. They service a diverse range of industrial and commercial customers such as restaurants, hospitals, building contractors, retailers, universities and more.
As their customer base grew, the Action Carting AR team was losing time and money by physically mailing invoices and processing paper checks. To become more efficient and give their customers more options, they partnered with Billtrust for their invoicing and payments solutions. Billtrust would handle their physical invoice mailing, but would also give their customers a digital option for viewing and paying invoices. Unfortunately, customer adoption for digital payments continued to lag.
Working closely with Billtrust’s eSolutions Team, Action Carting ran two campaigns in 2018 and a third in 2020. As of Q3 2020, they received more than 14,000 ACH payments representing approximately $7.3 million in invoices paid, a 34% increase from Q1 2018. They also received nearly 18,000 credit card payments in Q1 2020, representing approximately $12.4 million, a 17% increase from Q1 2018. In total, after three campaigns, they have seen a $2 million increase in digital customer payments. As of 2020, 51% of their customers receive invoices electronically, and 32% are paying digitally through the portal. Additionally, with Billtrust managing all of their physical invoicing, Action Carting is saving 70 hours a month in manual labor and $23,000 a year in postage costs.
To motivate customers to adopt digital payment options, Billtrust’s eSolutions Team created email campaigns encouraging customers receiving electronic invoices to pay online. For customers yet to enroll in either digital invoicing or payments, the campaign also prompted them to sign up for the portal. From 2018 to 2020, they ran three separate successful campaigns.
"Billtrust has changed the way we do business. They’ve helped us to think outside of the box. Our customers have options that they didn’t have before. Cost savings have been a major factor; but most importantly, our team is working smarter — not harder. This is because of the technology Billtrust has provided us, and there’s no price tag on that!"MARISA RIZZO
DIRECTOR OF BILLING AND ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE, ACTION CARTING
Download this case study as a PDF
This case study is available as PDF for your records, or for easy sharing with your team.